MBSR is an 8-week evidence based, experiential program designed to provide participants with intensive and systematic training in mindfulness practices, and in integrating into one’s daily life what is discovered and learned through the process of participating in the program.
Mindfulness is both a practice and a way of relating directly to whatever is happening in your life, a way of taking charge of your life and making “real” choices by consciously noticing and responding to your own stress, pain and challenges as well as being more fully engaged and aware of the joys of life. MBSR is a strategic and powerful mindfulness curriculum designed to optimize the ability to access innate capacities to more skillfully respond to whatever arises day to day.
Research on mindfulness-based training consistently demonstrate positive outcomes associated with increased self-awareness, emotional and attention regulation; reduction in symptoms for various physical and behavioral health conditions including anxiety, depression and chronic pain; stress reduction; and positive changes in risk factors that may lead to more serious chronic ailments. MBSR can positively and profoundly affect participants’ lives in many ways, including:
- Greater focus, clarity, cognitive flexibility and perspective
- Ability to step out of the autopilot and conditioned way we often operate to live more intentionally and in alignment with values
- Increased resilience, emotional regulation and stability under pressure
- Decreased reactivity and more skillful responding to stress and challenge
- Heightened awareness of habits and patterns of relating to self, others and situations
- Greater ability to manage physical and psychological conditions
- Loosening the grip of negative habits and thinking.
- Discovery that difficult and unwanted thoughts and feelings can be seen from an altogether different perspective – a perspective that brings with it a sense of compassion and less judgment to the suffering you are experiencing.
- Improved sense of well-being and capacity to appreciate the simple pleasures of everyday life, connect with yourself and the experience of being alive.
The Live Online MBSR program consists of:
- Orientation (required for enrollment)
- Eight weekly classes, 2 1/2 hours each (31 hours of direct instruction)
- Teacher access and support throughout course
- One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday after class 5
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
Throughout the program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. Your instructor will create a supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in a variety of mindfulness practices
- Gentle stretching, mindful yoga and mindful walking
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Online resource materials, guided practice recordings and video conferencing
Come explore how mindfulness may support you in living life more fully, with greater ease, resilience and peace of mind.